Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Birthday Wish List

Preamble: It was actually my birthday a few days ago, but my schedule's completely full for the next few weeks, so I'm postponing it indefinitely. This means I'm also still 32 until further notice.


1. A new bicycle!
I'm 5'6" and have a rather long torso and little legs. I ride on streets, and I like breaks and gears, and by that I mean breaks on both wheels and at least three gears. Furthermore, I think riding without breaks and just one gear is dumb, just like wearing painfully high heels is dumb. So says I.

Anyway, the point is, I have a 3-speed, gear-hubbed, vintage cruiser that I utterly adore, but its too heavy to lift and carry, plus its so sexy that I get nervous leaving it locked up anywhere for fear it will be nabbed. So, I'd love something similar but lighter and scrappier. I already have a Caddy, now I need a Honda, you know. Like this. A 5-speed would do nicely.

2. A Love Sack or similar beany bagish piece of furniture.
I'm so not into the swirly-fuzzy-psychedelic-raver-burner fabrics that cover many Love Sacks. There, I said it. I mean, its not like it doesn't work for some people, but its just not what I want in my house. Get yourself a swirly-fuzzy-psychedelic-raver-burner Love Sack and I'll come over and fall asleep in it any day. But for my birthday, I'd like one that's a solid color - red, orange, mossy green, gray; you know, the good colors - or a tasteful stripe in bright colors, or even a very graphic floral. Which is to say, not this.

3. A back pack for camping.
I'm very slightly built up top, so small or extra small is the size range. I'm going to say 3-day size would do nicely. Oh, and a pump-style water filter, too.

4. A really tiny baby bunny.
This is the same as me asking for a pony. Probably a bad idea to actually get me a live animal, but it would be so cute.

5. A Pip and Leaf shirt.
I'm doing this, like, project this year: I'm only buying used clothing, nothing new ('cept socks and undies). But, of course, if someone was to get me a new Pip shirt as a present, I'd accept.

6. All black with non-pastel stripes Adidas Superstar
If I wanted pink, I'd be in business, but for the love of everything holy, why oh why can't I find a Superstar (or shell-toed knock-off) in my dainty size? Size 5.5 - 6.5, or guy's 2.5 - 3.5. Do all small-footed women want to look like they stepped in sherbet?

About the above photo: it has nothing to do with my wants, but its so awesome, and came from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment